Date: April 28th, 2019 after Holy Qurbana.
Co-ordinator: Anne Alex
- The time limit for the competition is 45 minutes.
- Essay must be written in English.
- Essays are graded on introduction, content & grammar,Bible reference and conclusion
- Participants must ensure that their essay has a cover page indicating the:
- Student Number (given to you by the invigilators),
- Group # and Grade (grade in Sunday School as of January 2019)
- Parish Name and place
- There is no limit on the number of pages.
- No student identification is to be provided on the written essay pages. Any violation of this directive will result in the disqualification of that candidate’s entry.
- Essay should be written using black or blue ink pens. Pencil written entries are not accepted.
- Write only on one side of the page.
- Please stay within the margins and lines of the page.
- DO NOT squeeze information on the sides and boarders.
- Ask for extra papers.
- No notes or other reference materials should be permitted in the hall for the essay competitions.
|Group 4||Grades 5 & 6||Why is prayer important in your life? How
should we pray? Give examples from the bible.
|Group 5||Grades 7 & 8||1 Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evils; it is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced their hearts with many pangs.|
|Group 6||Grades 9 & 10||1 Peter 3:15 but in your hearts reverence Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to make a defense to anyone who calls you to account for the hope that is in you, yet do it with gentleness and reverence;|
|Group 7||Grades 11 & 12||Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of the calling to which you have been called|
The judging criteria are as follows:
|Bible Reference||2 points|