With the arrival of a sizable number of Orthodox Syrian Christians to Canada from India and via the Middle East in the 1960s, Toronto became the focal point for the formation of the first Orthodox Syrian Christian Parish in Canada.
The first Holy Qurbana was conducted on Christmas Day in 1969 by Rev. Fr. Dr. N.K. Thomas.
In 1970, after the official recognition as the first Parish in North America, Rev. Fr. K.C. George [later very Rev. K.C. Geevarghese Ramban] was appointed as our vicar. On October 3, 1970, at a meeting of the parish members, it was decided that the parish would be dedicated to Parumala Thirumeni, our Patron Saint It was also decided to conduct Holy Qurbana at least once every two months at the Trinity College Chapel, 6 Hoskin Avenue, Toronto.
08:00 AM : Morning Prayer
09:00 AM : Holy Qurbana
4th Sunday : English Service
All other Sundays : Malayalam
Click below for live streaming:
Saturday, October 09, 2021
04:30-06:00PM : Choir Weekly Practice Session
Virtual session through webex
Link will be sent to participants
Sunday, October 10, 2021
06:00-07:30PM : MMVS Monthly Meeting
Virtual session through webex
Link will be sent to participants
Congratulations to our parish MMVS quiz team on securing the first place (shared with St. Thomas Orthodox Church, Yonkers, NY) in the quiz competition held at the diocesan level. The quiz was held virtually on October 2nd and the results were announced in the annual conference on October 9th. Mini Thomas, Sherly George, Jessie Vaidhyan, Suna Cherian & Jaya Mary Soney were the participants from our parish.
Harvest Festival and Auction moved to next Sunday, October 17
Please be informed that the Harvest Festival and Auction previously scheduled to conduct this Sunday (October 10, 2021) has been moved to the next Sunday October 17. We have found it too hectic for our members with their long weekend travel plans, OCYM get-together and MMVS Diocesan Annual Conference. Please look for the next weekend which will be more feasible for us to celebrate the harvest of blessings received from the Lord of harvests. Please cooperate and support the maximum by giving items for auction, participating in bidding. As planned, delicious Kappa and Beef curry shall be ready, tempting our taste buds, inviting our olfactory sense! Let us be thankful to God, celebrate while caring for the less privileged. Let us transform lives!
Please contribute towards Thanksgiving charity collection (loony a day).
50% of total collection shall be used for charity and the rest will be for church maintenance. We request all our beloved members to support this project. There are many lives out there desperately looking for helping hands. We are fortunate and blessed to be here in this country and let us express our gratitude to God through supporting the needy which Jesus said as supporting Him.
We have a new electronic counting machine installed within the church at the inner northern entrance near the console. It is meant for taking the count of communicants and not for all participants.
All participants are requested to register their names at the entrance welcome desk in the given form. As you enter the church interior, please wave your hand once between the sensor poles of the counting machine, if you are prepared to take Holy Communion. There is no need to wave if not taking Holy Communion. Thank you for your cooperation.
OCYM Get-together on Friday, October 8th, 06:00 pm at Church
All our OCYM members and families are expected to join the get-together starting at 06:00 pm. It will be an occasion to meet new people as well as to reunite with old friends. There will be some entertainment and fun and some spiritual rejuvenation too. Let us have some memorable time together.
Please find below the upcoming MMVS Diocesan programs. Note the dates in your calendar and assure your participation.
MMVS Diocesan Annual Conference will be on Saturday, October 09 convened virtually. The link has been sent to members. Please join the event and pray for its success.
Every Thursday 8.30 – 9.30 pm. The study is based on the books Amos – Malachi led by Rev Fr VM Shibu (Vicar, St Gregorios Orthodox Church Bensalem).
Choir & Acolytes joint practice- Saturdays 4:30-6:00 pm
This is a reminder and request to all our choir members and Acolytes to attend the weekly choir practice currently conducted virtually on Saturdays. We would wish our choir members and acolytes who will be taking turns on the upcoming Sunday or feast days make sure of their participation for better coordination and harmonious chanting. The link shall be sent prior to the meeting.
Face mask is mandatory inside the church and should be brought by parishioners.
We request parishioners to leave the church premises after attending the Liturgy and please refrain from gathering or socialising.
When our members are at Church, we suggest all to maintain physical distancing in the parking lot, church entrance and within the Church. Pews/chairs and aisles have signs to remind participants to distance physically. Family members who live together will be allowed to sit together, but distance must be maintained from other members.
Following are the guidance to be adhered when we visit Church:
1. Strongly recommend congregants to use online self-screening tool (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/) before every visit to Church. We discourage any person to visit Church when they are feeling unwell.
2. Members should not attend in person if they are experiencing the most common symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat).
3. Congregants are prohibited by law from entering in the Church with symptoms of COVID-19, individuals who have travelled internationally in the last 14 days.
4. Family/members to sit at the marked designated place in the Church.
5. Request parents, families to keep children younger than two be kept close and not allow them to wander.
6. Physical distancing should be followed throughout the Church premises.
7. We encourage all to follow hand hygiene. We have hand sanitizer at the entrance or wash their hands in washroom.
8. We encourage all attendees to wear properly fitted non-medical masks & gloves.
9. Shaking hands, hugging, touching, or passing items between people is prohibited in the Church.
10. Everyone in the place of worship should follow proper respiratory etiquette practices at all times. These practices include coughing and sneezing into the elbow or a tissue, discarding tissues into a garbage bin and washing hands afterwards.
11. No socializing is permitted in Church premises or outside.
12. Please avoid unnecessary moving within the church.
13. There will be no kiss of peace, but a mutual bowing instead.
14. No Kaimuthu (kissing of the cross) shall be conducted for dispersal.
15. Please limit taking Holy Communion if only absolute necessity. For Communion, disposable spoons and cups shall be used.
Vicars Weekly Email
Click below for Vicars latest weekly Email:
Submit Prayer Request
Click below to submit your prayer request:
Bible - English
Click below to read Bible in English:
Bible - Malayalam
Click below to read and listen to Malayalam Bible:
MMVS - Canada Region
Click below to watch the play by MMVS Canada Region in the Annual Conference 2021:
Click below to access important resources of our church:
Click below to view photos of our important events:
Click below to get connected to Spiritual Organizations of our church: