With the arrival of a sizable number of Orthodox Syrian Christians to Canada from India and via the Middle East in the 1960s, Toronto became the focal point for the formation of the first Orthodox Syrian Christian Parish in Canada.
The first Holy Qurbana was conducted on Christmas Day in 1969 by Rev. Fr. Dr. N.K. Thomas.
In 1970, after the official recognition as the first Parish in North America, Rev. Fr. K.C. George [later very Rev. K.C. Geevarghese Ramban] was appointed as our vicar. On October 3, 1970, at a meeting of the parish members, it was decided that the parish would be dedicated to Parumala Thirumeni, our Patron Saint It was also decided to conduct Holy Qurbana at least once every two months at the Trinity College Chapel, 6 Hoskin Avenue, Toronto.
09:00 AM : Morning Prayer
10:00 AM : Holy Qurbana
4th Sunday : English Service
All other Sundays : Malayalam
2nd Sunday : Intercession to Mother Mary
Click below for live streaming:
Saturday, December 04, 2021
05:00-07:00PM : Choir & Acolytes Weekly Practice Session
Virtual & in-person session
Link will be sent to participants
Sunday December 05, 2021
After Qurbana: Area carol by St. Mary’s Prayer Group
Carol will be held in church
Sunday December 05, 2021
After Qurbana: Choir monthly meeting
In person meeting in church
Please find the prayer groups for coming Sundays for which the caroling will be dedicated.Sunday, Dec 05- St Mary’s Prayer Group Sunday, Dec 12- St George’s Prayer Group
Sincere thanks to families and members of St Paul’s Prayer Group for joining the carol. Thanks to members in the area for contributing towards refreshment.
Our parish Christmas celebration will be on Saturday, Dec 18, 2021.
Christmas Celebration will be jointly celebrated by Organizations – SS, MMVS, Gregorian Senior Forum, OCYM, MGOCSM, Acolytes, Parish Choir. Please look for the date and time and please arrange to be at church in-person to perform, or to watch and to support. We need all families to take part. It will be a parish program involving all our members.
Our deepest condolence to Saju Yohannan, Surangani Kamalam and family on the passing away of Surangani’s mother Mrs. Kamalam.
Mrs. Kamalam was staying with Surangani’s sister in Nagercoil. Surangani was with her mother, and was able to attend the funeral yesterday.Please keep the departed soul and family members in prayer. May the everloving presence of the Lord comfort everyone. May the God Almighty console the departed soul and comfort the family and friends during this time of bereavement.
Hearty congrats and prayerful wishes to the New Managing Committee elected for the year 2022. We sincerely express our gratitude to our Diocesan Metropolitan HG Zachariah Mar Nicholovos for graciously blessing us with the Kalpana of approval.
- Treasurer: Thomas Joshua
- Secretary: Gijo Peter
- MC Members: George M George, John Mathen, Omana John, Sony Pappachan, Thomas Abraham and Varghese Daniel
- Auditors: Binu Joshua and Dennis Jacob John
We do sincerely thank MC Members 2020-21 Secretary Manu Abraham, Committee Members: Shibu Cherian, Alex P Chandy, Jeebo Mathews, Lejin Chacko, and Auditors: Varghese Daniel and Binu Koshy for their dedicated service. Sincere thanks to all our members for their prayerful participation and support.
Communicants Counting Machine, Wave your hand ‘ONCE’ pleaseAll Holy Communion participants are requested to register their names at the entrance and as we enter the church interior. Please wave your hand once between the sensor poles of the counting machine if you are to take Holy Communion. Please do not wave if you are not taking Holy Communion. Thanks to everyone for your cooperation.
How to come for Holy CommunionFor receiving Holy Communion, please come in an orderly manner (bench by bench) to avoid crowding and to keep physical distance. If you need to leave church early, please come to the front through the side aisles (not middle aisle) to receive Holy Communion.
Face mask is mandatory inside the church and should be brought by parishioners.
We request parishioners to leave the church premises after attending the Liturgy and please refrain from gathering or socialising.
When our members are at Church, we suggest all to maintain physical distancing in the parking lot, church entrance and within the Church. Pews/chairs and aisles have signs to remind participants to distance physically. Family members who live together will be allowed to sit together, but distance must be maintained from other members.
Following are the guidance to be adhered when we visit Church:
1. Strongly recommend congregants to use online self-screening tool (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/) before every visit to Church. We discourage any person to visit Church when they are feeling unwell.
2. Members should not attend in person if they are experiencing the most common symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat).
3. Congregants are prohibited by law from entering in the Church with symptoms of COVID-19, individuals who have travelled internationally in the last 14 days.
4. Family/members to sit at the marked designated place in the Church.
5. Request parents, families to keep children younger than two be kept close and not allow them to wander.
6. Physical distancing should be followed throughout the Church premises.
7. We encourage all to follow hand hygiene. We have hand sanitizer at the entrance or wash their hands in washroom.
8. We encourage all attendees to wear properly fitted non-medical masks & gloves.
9. Shaking hands, hugging, touching, or passing items between people is prohibited in the Church.
10. Everyone in the place of worship should follow proper respiratory etiquette practices at all times. These practices include coughing and sneezing into the elbow or a tissue, discarding tissues into a garbage bin and washing hands afterwards.
11. No socializing is permitted in Church premises or outside.
12. Please avoid unnecessary moving within the church.
13. There will be no kiss of peace, but a mutual bowing instead.
14. No Kaimuthu (kissing of the cross) shall be conducted for dispersal.
15. Please limit taking Holy Communion if only absolute necessity. For Communion, disposable spoons and cups shall be used.
Vicars Weekly Email
Click below for Vicars latest weekly Email:
Submit Prayer Request
Click below to submit your prayer request:
Bible - English
Click below to read Bible in English:
Bible - Malayalam
Click below to read and listen to Malayalam Bible:
Christmas Carol 2021
Click below to watch our choir in KCEF Christmas Carol 2021:
Click below to access important resources of our church:
Click below to view photos of our important events:
Click below to get connected to Spiritual Organizations of our church: