With the arrival of a sizable number of Orthodox Syrian Christians to Canada from India and via the Middle East in the 1960s, Toronto became the focal point for the formation of the first Orthodox Syrian Christian Parish in Canada.
The first Holy Qurbana was conducted on Christmas Day in 1969 by Rev. Fr. Dr. N.K. Thomas.
In 1970, after the official recognition as the first Parish in North America, Rev. Fr. K.C. George [later very Rev. K.C. Geevarghese Ramban] was appointed as our vicar. On October 3, 1970, at a meeting of the parish members, it was decided that the parish would be dedicated to Parumala Thirumeni, our Patron Saint It was also decided to conduct Holy Qurbana at least once every two months at the Trinity College Chapel, 6 Hoskin Avenue, Toronto.
09:00 AM : Morning Prayer
10:00 AM : Holy Qurbana
4th Sunday : English Service
All other Sundays : Malayalam
2nd Sunday : Intercession to Mother Mary
Click below for live streaming:
Saturday, January 15, 2022
05:00 – 06:30 pm: Acolytes & Choir Practice (Virtual)
Link will be sent to participants
Our parish MGOCSM would like to reach all members whoever had any association with MGOCSM in India or elsewhere.
Please inform whoever worked with MGOCSM. You can either send an email to email@example.com copying to the vicar at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a message/call to (416) 570 5610.
Communicants Counting Machine, Wave your hand ‘ONCE’ pleaseAll Holy Communion participants are requested to register their names at the entrance and as we enter the church interior. Please wave your hand once between the sensor poles of the counting machine if you are to take Holy Communion. Please do not wave if you are not taking Holy Communion. Thanks to everyone for your cooperation.
How to come for Holy CommunionFor receiving Holy Communion, please come in an orderly manner (bench by bench) to avoid crowding and to keep physical distance. If you need to leave church early, please come to the front through the side aisles (not middle aisle) to receive Holy Communion.
Please attend services virtually if you have not received RSVP confirmation from parish.
We strongly recommend our beloved congregants to use the online self-screening tool before visiting Church (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/). We discourage any person from visiting the Church when they are feeling unwell. Anybody experiencing the most common symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat) or have travelled internationally in the last 14 days are not expected entering the church.
We suggest all to maintain physical distancing in the parking lot, church entrance and within the Church. Pews/chairs and aisles have signs to remind participants to distance physically.
We request that family members who live together sit together, but distance must be maintained from other members.
Please refrain from coming to church if you have not taken two vaccinations against Covid. Also, we request you to self-isolate if you are tested positive in the rapid antigen test.
Face mask is mandatory inside church and should be brought by the parishioners. We request parishioners to leave the Church premises after attending the Liturgy and please refrain from gathering or socialising.
Following are the guidelines to be adhered when we visit Church:
- Fill your name, contact number and the number of family members attending the service in the attendance sheet when you enter Church through the north entrance. Exit is through the south door.
- Sanitize hands from the sanitizers kept at the entrance. Hand sanitizers are kept on the wall near the entrance, elevator and exit.
- Physical distancing should be followed throughout the Church premises.
- Family members can sit together at the marked designated place in Church.
- Parents and families are requested to keep close children below 2 years and not allow them to run or wander.
- Shaking hands, hugging, touching and passing of items between people are prohibited in the Church.
- We encourage all to follow hand hygiene. Wash hands whenever using washroom.
- Wearing non-medical face mask is mandatory inside the church.
- Avoid loud singing and chanting. Wear mask when chanting.
- Observe proper respiratory etiquette practices at all times. These practices include coughing and sneezing into the elbow or a tissue, discarding tissues into a garbage bin and washing hands afterwards.
- No food or drinks allowed inside church. If anybody needs food, please bring it and keep in your vehicle. Avoid sharing with others.
- No socializing is permitted in Church premises or outside.
- Please avoid unnecessary moving within the church.
- There will be no kiss of peace, but a mutual bowing instead.
- No Kaimuthu (kissing of the cross) shall be conducted for dispersal.
- Please limit taking Holy Communion if only absolute necessity. No laying of hands for individual absolution, but a common prayer of absolution shall be said prior to Communion. Disposable spoons and cups shall be used for dispensing of Holy Elements.
Worship will continue to be live-streamed till church gets full access.
Vicars Weekly Email
Click below for Vicars latest weekly Email:
Submit Prayer Request
Click below to submit your prayer request:
Bible - English
Click below to read Bible in English:
Bible - Malayalam
Click below to read and listen to Malayalam Bible:
Click below to watch Parish Christmas Program 2021:
Click below to access important resources of our church:
Click below to view photos of our important events:
Click below to get connected to Spiritual Organizations of our church: